Saturday, October 11, 2014

Parade Failure

Oh, the vision I had of walking my three dogs in our annual Oktoberfest pet parade!  We'd take first place, accept our prize humbly and pose for the award winning custom costumes I whipped up.

Reality check!  It happened as soon as they saw....the LEASH!  They knew something good was about to happen.  Maybe good isn't the right word.  Let's say something exciting was about to happen.  If you define excitement as elevated blood pressure, tangling your ankles between three leashes and being dragged down the main street of your home town, then EXCITING is what I experienced!

Once we arrived at the drizzle-covered festivities (yes, I even braved rain for this possible playful day) they walked, pulled, lunged, barked, and whined for about 30 yards from the car.  Do you know what happened next?  Yep.  We turned around and repeated the same performance right back to the car.  I was exhausted, they were like dogs on crack, and we all piled in the car and drove home.

I'm sure I will look back on this disaster some day and just laugh until I cry.  For now, as I wipe away the tears and sweat from my brow, enjoy the pictures of their costumes.

The signs they are wearing are accurate.  Don't let the white gal fool you with her innocent look.  The fun police IS as good as Lassie at telling me when 'the barn is on fire' or that 'Timmy has fallen into the well'. My merle coat girl is workin' the mug shot pose and then some.  

I love them all.  Really, I do.  And if you'd care to send prizes, I would gladly and humbly accept.  : )




No comments:

Post a Comment